FIRE AT THE BEAR

The chimney at The Bear caught fire this lunchtime but the historic coaching inn is not seriously damaged and Sunday lunch was served pretty much as normal in other parts of the building. Co-Owner of The bear, Steve Hindmarsh, praised the quick reactions of The Bear’s staff and Crickhowell’s retained fire crew, who were on the scene within minutes. Steve said:”The staff were magnificent, as were the fire crew. We are lucky to still have a fire crew in Crickhowell, if they had had to come from further away it might have been a different story.” #fire Gwasanaeth Tân ac Achub CGC / MAWW Fire and Rescue