These are our Christmas and New Year Opening Hours at The Bear this year.
Traditional prawn cocktail to start. Usk Valley Turkey, white and brown meat, brussel sprout and creme fresh puree, pork and chestnut stuffing, pig in blanket, rainbow carrots and butter and garlic-roasted potatoes, rich turkey gravy. Christmas pudding with brandy sauce and brandy butter ice cream. These are what makes a sumptuous Christmas dinner at The Bear – available any day til Christmas.
The perfect gift This Christmas – a voucher for a meal or a stay at The Bear. Available from reception on 01873810408 or email@example.com
What’s on in the Brecon Beacons this November? Here’s a hand guide:
The chimney at The Bear caught fire this lunchtime but the historic coaching inn is not seriously damaged and Sunday lunch was served pretty much as normal in other parts of the building. Co-Owner of The bear, Steve Hindmarsh, praised the quick reactions of The Bear’s staff and Crickhowell’s retained fire crew, who were on the scene within minutes. Steve said:”The staff were magnificent, as were the fire crew. We are lucky to still have a fire crew in Crickhowell, if they had had to come from further away it might have been a different story.” #fire Gwasanaeth Tân ac Achub CGC / MAWW Fire and Rescue
This is the best way we know to get the festive season under way – The Bear’s Christmas concert, with all profits going to charity. This year we are supporting the armed forces charity, SSAFA, and the Crickhowell Pensioners Tea Party. Tickets from The Bear and Webbs of Crickhowell. #ssafa #Crickhowell #christmas #concert #christmasconcert #bigband #militaryband
The Bear has turned purple for National Polio Day. It’s a campaign supported by the Rotary Club of Crickhowell – who meet every week at The Bear. Here’s come information about it.
THE PURPLE BEAR
- Tuesday October 24th is National Polio Day
- Why Purple
- Because the little finger of every child vaccinated is coloured purple for ease of communication in underdeveloped countries.
- ROTARY END POLIO CAMPAIGN- for 30 years Rotary International has been engaged in a programme to eradicate polio. During this time Crickhowell Rotary has contributed annually via its members own contributions and those raised through various fund raising activitie.
- Is the campaign successful?
- The only countries still to be covered are————-.
- PURPLE CROCUSES – in springtime there are beds of crocuses in the grounds of Crickhowell Castle and Crickhowell High School which have been planted to commemorate various milestones in the success of the campaign.